Gift Guide for the Couple TTC
Atlanta Center for Reproductive Medicine
While it’s never easy to face infertility issues, the holiday season can be especially difficult. Between family members asking about plans for starting a family and holiday events centered around children, it can be hard for some couples to get in the holiday spirit.
As a friend or family member of someone trying to conceive (TTC), you can play a special role in their journey. While you may not be able to fix their problem, you can always lend a supporting hand.
Holiday Gift Ideas for Couples Struggling with Infertility
If you know someone struggling with infertility this season, get them a gift that says “I'm here for you” in the form of:
- A relaxation basket. Infertility treatments can take a physical and emotional toll on a woman. Creating a basket filled with soaps, moisturizers, lavender bath salts, and candles will help her relax after a long day and show that you care about her wellbeing.
- A weekend getaway. Sometimes, a couple just needs to get away, literally! An overnight stay or weekend getaway at a hotel — even if it’s in their city — can help a couple reconnect and cherish some special moments together while going through such a difficult time.
- A gift card to their favorite restaurant. When someone is dealing with infertility, doctor appointments, tests, and procedures can feel like they consume your day-to-day. Encourage your loved ones to take a night for themselves to just relax and enjoy some delicious food!
- A journal. A person’s infertility journey is often filled with high highs and low lows. Fortunately, journaling provides many people with a healthy way to release their emotions, free of judgment and unsolicited advice. The ‘My IVF Journey’ diary on Etsy has plenty of space to note appointments, medications, meal planning, hydration, gratitude, and how you’re feeling — plus plenty of positive sayings and tips to help one through their cycle!
- Milestone cards. Looking for a gift that will leave your loved one smiling long after the holiday season? IVF Milestone Cards are a modern way for a woman to keep track of her IVF cycle, while sporting sweet messages of support.
As a friend or family member of someone struggling with infertility, one of the best things you can do is to care for them. Make sure they know they’re not alone — it’s a difficult journey, but when they have people who care and support them, it gets a little easier.